We treat all Personal Information provided to us as confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in the circumstances set out below). We will keep it on a secure server and we will fully comply with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer legislations in place.
When you shop on this Website, we will ask you to input and we will collect Personal Information from you such as your name, e-mail address, billing address, delivery address, telephone number, product selections, credit card or other payment information and a password. From time to time we may give you the option to provide us with Information about other people in your life e.g. the birthday reminder service. We use the Information provided to tell you about offers that may be relevant to your friends or family members in accordance with your wishes, as communicated to us. We will never use this information to contact your friends or family members directly.
We may also collect, and our third party providers of advertisements and content may collect, information about where you are on the internet (eg. the URL you came from, IP address, type of domain, browser type, the country and telephone area code where your computer is located, the pages of our website that were viewed during your visit, the advertisements you clicked on, and any search terms that you entered on our website (“User Information”). We may collect this information even if you do not register with us.
You should be aware that this site is being monitored and may capture information about your visit that will help us improve the quality of our service, or be used to present you with clayfrog™ products which are relevant to your browsing history when you visit other websites.
We confirm that any Personal Information which you provide to us (or which is available on public registers) and any User Information from which we can identify you, is held in accordance with UK Data Protection. We use your information only for the following purposes:
- Processing your orders;
- For statistical or survey purposes to improve this Website and its services to you;
- To serve website content and advertisements to you;
- To administer this website;
- If you consent, to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you.
You agree that you do not object to us contacting you for any of the above purposes whether by telephone, e-mail or in writing and you confirm that you do not and will not consider any of the above as being a breach of any of your rights under the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
While ordering online you will be given the option to receive information from Find Me A Gift by e-mail about products, promotions or special offers which we feel may be of interest to you. In the event that you do not wish to be contacted for such purposes, ensure that you tick the appropriate box as you go through the buying process. You may unsubscribe from our contact list at any time by logging into your account or by e-mailing us at email@example.com.
Your Personal Information may be disclosed to other businesses within Clayfrog and to reputable third parties who will help process your order. Clayfrog requires all such third parties to treat your personal information as fully confidential and to fully comply with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer legislation in place. We will not release your Personal Information to any company outside of Clayfrog for mailing or marketing purposes.
If we are requested by the Police or any other regulatory / government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your Personal Information and /or User Information, we are entitled do so.
When entering any of our competitions or prize draws, you provide your name, email address and mailing address. If you win, we will send the prize to the address entered and notify you by email. When you enter a competition or prize draw, you are also included in our newsletter list to receive notice of promotions, specials and new additions to the Website. You may unsubscribe by following the unsubscribe instructions in any email received.
”Web security is stronger than in virtually any other area of commerce. If you are happy paying for a meal, ordering goods over the phone or paying by credit card in a shop, then you should feel comfortable passing your details over the web.” Internet Investor Magazine.
SSL Encryption & Secure Servers
We process all purchase and member login transactions over our secure server using secure socket layer technology (SSL), to ensure that your account and order details are safe and secure. We also utilise additional encryption techniques in the shopping basket and account system to shield sensitive data from malicious hackers or prying eyes. In the database, passwords and credit cards are encrypted for storage using advanced crypto techniques and their details are kept in a separate section of the database from your account information. For added peace of mind, it would take 4,000 programmers over a year to exhaust all 72 quadrillion decoding keys in order to crack one small phrase passed from your computer to our secure servers.
Lock & Key Symbol
To prove our transaction pages are secure, look in the bottom corner of your browser window for the locked padlock or key symbol. (You must be using Netscape 2.0+ or any version of Explorer to see these symbols).
Paypal or Amazon Payments – Alternative Payment Options
You can place an order and keep your details private by paying with Amazon or Paypal – two of the most well-known internet payment options. Simply click on the ‘Checkout with Amazon’ or ‘Checkout with Paypal’ button on your basket page.
Your Statutory Rights
Our terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer. Your rights are the same on the web as they are on the high street.
SPAM (UCE – Unsolicited Commercial E-mail)
Clayfrog in no way participates in mass unsolicited e-mailing (i.e. spamming), and any Clayfrog affiliates are expected to adhere to this policy as well. Violation of our policy will result in the termination of the affiliate contract and immediate dismissal from the Clayfrog Affiliate Program, with no refund.
Credit Card Fraud Warning
We take Credit Card fraud very seriously and we will prosecute to the fullest extent of the law. All orders have strict security clearance protocols in place with orders from overseas requiring maximum Code 10 security authentication. This means we contact the credit card issuing bank to confirm the name and address of the cardholder along with all the other regular security procedures. We pass all details of credit card fraud to the relevant authorities and ensure that issuing banks are made aware when their client’s credit cards have been compromised.
- Similar to other commercial websites, our Website uses a technology called “cookies” and web server logs to collect information about how our Website is used. A cookie is a very small text document, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit a website, that site’s computer asks your computer for permission to store this file in a part of your hard drive specifically designated for cookies
- Information gathered through cookies and web server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our Website, and the websites visited just before and just after our Website.
- Cookies, in conjunction with our web server’s log files, allow us to calculate the aggregate number of people visiting our Website and which parts of the website are most popular. This helps us gather feedback so that we can improve our Website and better serve our customers. Cookies do not allow us to gather any personal Information about you and we do not generally store any personal Information that you provided to us in your cookies.
- We use ‘session’ cookies which enable you to carry information across pages of the Website and avoid having to re-enter information. Session cookies enable us to compile statistics that help us to understand how the Website is being used and to improve its structure.
- We also use ‘persistent’ cookies which remain in the cookies file of your browser for longer and help us to recognise you as a unique visitor to the Website, tailoring the content of certain areas of the Website to offer you content that match your preferred interests.
- You can refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of the Website.